- Category: Setup & Documentation
- Created on Wednesday, 23 February 2011 19:23
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 March 2012 03:08
- Published on Wednesday, 23 February 2011 19:23
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 2892
Not sure how to install your new template. Read more to find out how.
You must have Joomla! installed to use a Joomlashack template.
1. After purchasing your template, log into your account and download the file N6 Joomla Template to your computer.
2. Unzip the file. Read more about how to unzip files correctly. For most Window users, this can be quickly done using your right click feature and choosing "Extract All."
3. In your Joomla Administrator panel, go to Extensions > Extension Manager .
4. Click on the "Browse..." button, browse to the folder that was unzipped from the template package you downloaded and select the template js_n6.zip file.
5. Click on "Upload file & Install." The template should take a few seconds to upload. After the upload and install is complete, you should see an 'Install Template' message.
6. Now you will need to set the template to be the default template for your site. To do this, go to Extensions > Template Manager,
Click on the 'Default' button shaped like a star to the right of your template. If you set the default correctly, you should see a star in the 'Default' column for the template.
Your template should now be installed and set as the default. Read on for important information about how to set up your template once installed.
My Template Doesn't Look Like the Demo - Template Setup
Once installed, your template will most likely require some setup, the depth of which is determined by how many customization options your template offers (different module formatting for example). For a look at the reasons why your template does not look like the demo straight after install, please see Why doesn't my template look like the demo?
For setup help with your template, please see the Documentation located in the demo for your template. Available module positions as well as module class suffixes etc. may all be found in the demo. To access the template demos, visit the Template Showcase and click on the 'View Demo' link for your particular demo.